Position: Junior Trade Supporter
Education: Cand. Merc. Finance, Aarhus University
Employed since: March 2017
- I started as student employee in Trade Support in March 2017. I was searching for a relevant part time job to match my studies and Energi Danmark seemed like the place to be. Very quickly, I experienced how my education could come into play, which I found very rewarding.
- My time as a student employee at Energi Danmark has furthermore helped shape my education to suit my current role in the organisation, for instance by inspiring me to take electives in coding languages as VBA and R. When I finished my studies in June 2018, I was happy that I could continue in Energi Danmark and keep learning and developing in my new role as Junior Trade Supporter.
- As Junior Trade Supporter, I am primarily working with optimisation and automation of processes across the different Trading departments. In Trade Support, we are the link between the departments and I am in contact with many colleagues during the day, which contributes in creating a great work relationship across Trading as a whole. I really enjoy my role as an optimiser, which both requires me to have an overview and understanding of all relevant processes related to trading electricity, while simultaneously allowing me to dig into very specific parts of the different systems.
- Actually, I knew very little about Energi Danmark and the energy industry in general before applying for the job as student assistant. However, I was very curious to learn and with a thorough introduction from my colleagues, I quickly learned how the industry and business worked. When I started my studies in 2013, I had never thought of the possibility of working in the energy industry, but working at Energi Danmark has definitely widened my horizon and shown me many new possibilities for my future career.
- I really enjoy that my qualifications and educational background match my job, and I like how my work contributes in creating optimisation and efficiency. It is exciting to keep asking the question, how can we do this even better?
January 8 2019. Our Client Coordinator in Energi Försäljning Sverige, Marcus Jönsson, began his career in the Group in 2012. Some of his key strengths are his ability to think outside the box and keep learning.
December 13 2018. Jesper Wessel is employed as Student Assistant in our Customers department. A position that requires both all-round skills and a good overview. Meanwhile Jesper is also about to finish his thesis in technology based business development in cooperation with Energi Danmark.
November 27 2018. Nikolaj Kolstrup began his career as financial trainee at Energi Danmark in 2013, and after finishing his education, he was employed as Financial Assistant. Today, Nikolaj can call himself Financial Controller at Energi Danmark. Structure, overview and the ability to keep being curious are some of his key strengths.
The temperatures have dropped below the norm in the Nordic region, and the prospects of the cold continuing for the remainder of the month caused the electricity prices to rise last week. All of Europe is affected by the cold weather.